Sunday, May 22, 2011

It was a dark and stormy night....



It started out as Quest for Treefrog, but after stumbling around the hillside by the frog pond for a bit in the dark there was a bright flash and a boom of thunder, so I skedaddled out of there. I headed down to the lake to see if there was a storm to be photographed, it headed across the east side of the lake and south. Lightning lit up the clouds, but didn't catch any bolts.


















As I was standing there with the camera, I noticed bright flashes coming from the west, across the peninsula, so I headed over to the dock at the other bay, only to discover that I had been missing a good storm cloud on that side headed south.






That cloud had a nice big cumulus being lit up spectacularly by lightning. In one of the shots I did manage to catch a couple bolts. Looks like some kind of creepy outer-space alien monster from a B movie.



After all the storms had headed south, the sky above cleared, but I sat on the dock continuing to take long exposures of the night sky as the clouds lit up now and then in the distance. Lo and behold, I was lucky enough to catch a meteor in one of the late shots.



























































No comments: