Sunday, October 10, 2010

Night shots



Had a beautiful clear night last night, but you can feel that it's getting into fall and winter, temps got down to just above freezing. I stood outside by the lake playing with the camera and barn door tracker for a couple hours until my fingers and toes started to hurt from the cold. It's soon going to be too cold to stand out there for any length of time, so I'm going to enjoy the view while I can. The first shot posted here is for a friend of mine who was smart enough to move to Arizona. He was lamenting that he's having to get used to the stars at that longitude/latitude, couldn't see the Big Dipper in the evenings. It's started to get low on the horizon here, managed to catch a shot as it was sinking towards the tree.


Second shot is a digital montage of 2 shots, one was taken with the barn door tracker to get the stars, the other was a star trails shot that kept the trees sharp. I love photoshop. I can see possibilities with this. I can also foresee more cold toes and fingers, it's supposed to be clear for the next couple of nights, I will no doubt be out again trying to get more similar shots while we're still here at the lake.


No comments: