Saturday, September 11, 2010

Using the barn door tracker




We FINALLY had a clear night last night, no moon, no humidity, and I had a chance to play with the barn door tracker. I had tried one night a couple weeks ago but had the hinges on the wrong side. Last night I got it turned correctly, sighted on Polaris, then proceeded to take some pictures. Much better results when you've got it set up properly. The results were not bad for a start. I was hoping for a few more clear nights so I can practise with it before Comet Hartley shows up, but we're back into cloudy weather for a few more days, and then the moon will be getting brighter next week. Maybe if Henry's gets me my adapter tube for the camera I can set up the scope and shoot the moon til we get clear skies again. In the meantime, these will have to do.


No comments: