Monday, June 15, 2009

Second hummingbird nest


I am not a morning person. It takes a few cups of coffee and some time to pry my eyes open. This morning, I was sipping my coffee, standing in front of the window, and peering sleepily out at the landscape, when what to my wondering eyes should appear? A hummingbird. I watched her land on a birch branch about 15 feet from the window. She wiggled, adjusted, and settled, and it took me a few seconds to realize that she was settling onto a nest. She's been on and off, looks like she may just be completing construction. I showed Dad, took a couple pictures, and now we're staying away from the front windows, we want her to settle in comfortably. All these years of checking trees by the house, and now we've finally got one that we can see from the comfort of our livingroom.

No comments: