Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pine grosbeaks, pine siskins

One of my delights this winter is having a small flock of pine grosbeaks and a flock of pine siskins hanging around. The novelty hasn't worn off yet, and it's great fun having birds to photograph who are fairly tolerant of humans and who have been very cooperative in posing.


I stood quietly under the crabapple tree, and this siskin came over to check me out. While I took a few shots, about 5 more of them came over to where I stood and hopped about the branches right above me, they seem to be curious little birds. (That, or their chattering translates to "put the camera down lady and re-fill the feeder!")






It's entertaining to see the antics of the grosbeaks as they reach for the crabapples. All photos taken Tuesday afternoon, February 24, 2009.


















No comments: